Following the passage of Proposition L on November 8, 2016, and the additional funding it brought beginning in December 2017, the Library will be able to enhance its services to customers and begin the renovation or replacement of aging facilities.
So far in 2018, the Library has expanded its hours of operation system-wide and has launched a new, mobile-friendly website. This summer, its capital plan will commence, launching several years of construction projects.
It is important to the Library that residents stay informed about these future plans, updates on progress made towards accomplishing its goals, and new additions to services and resources made possible by the new funds.
In the coming months, use this page to keep up to date on the latest communications from the Library regarding its future.
Branch Enhancements Phase 1 – Summer/Fall 2018
- Antioch — Closing June 18; Opening late fall 2018
- Blue Springs South — Closing June 11; Opening fall 2018
- Excelsior Springs — Closing June 11; Opening fall 2018
- Midwest Genealogy Center — Will remain open during construction
- Oak Grove — Closing July 2; Opening fall 2018
- Platte City — Closing July 20; Opening fall 2018
- Weston — Closing July 6; Opening late summer 2018