Closing Date: December 10
Reopening Date: May 13, 2019
The Claycomo Branch and its drop box reopened to the public on Monday, May 14. Please check this page for information about the branch’s rededication ceremony and open house in early summer.
Holds and Returns
- If you received a notification that items you placed on hold were available for pickup at the Antioch Branch, those holds were transferred to the Claycomo Branch and are available for pick-up.
- If you would like your holds assigned to a different branch during this renovation, please call or visit any MCPL branch and ask a staff member for assistance in redirecting your holds to your desired location.
- The branch book drop is available for returns as of Monday, May 13.
Storytimes and Book Groups
Storytime for Families will resume on Wednesday, June 5 at 10:00 a.m. followed by Play and Learn at 11:00 a.m.
Book Group will meet on Wednesdays 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Programming and Services
Programming has resumed at the Claycomo Branch as of Monday, May 13. Visit mymcpl.org/events for updated program information.
Your New Library Experience is Here!
The renovation of this branch is part of the second phase by Mid-Continent Public Library. This project is part of Library’s capital project made possible by funds from Proposition L. The architects are SAPP Design (Springfield, MO) and Helix Architecture and Design, Inc. (Kansas City, MO), and the construction firm for all projects is JE Dunn.
The Claycomo Branch will undergo changes during the renovation, including the following:
- New community room
- New windows and lighting
- Enhanced entry with automatic entrance doors
- Outdoor seating area
- New paint
- New updated public computers
- Improved Wi-Fi coverage and access
- Landscape enhancements