What is Library-By-Mail?
MCPL can deliver books, audiobooks on CD, music on CD, and DVDs to customers who are homebound and cannot get to a Library branch because of health, mobility, advanced age, disability, and/or permanent or temporary incapacity. Only qualifying residents of the Mid-Continent Public Library District are eligible for this free service.
How do I apply for Library-By-Mail?
- or -
Print and fill out the Library-By-Mail Application Packet (PDF, 2.3MB).
You can also call Library-By-Mail at (816)503-4175 or (816)503-4159 to request these forms by mail. Voicemail is available for after-hours requests.
How does it work?
- Select your materials: You may request materials by title, subject, or author. The Adult Outreach Librarians will select the materials you request or suggest titles based on your expressed interests (ex. mysteries, romance, westerns, etc.) and mail them to you.
- Checking out materials: You may have up to 20 items checked out at a time and keep them for six weeks. Materials can be renewed twice. There are no overdue fines. You will be contacted by phone or letter if your materials are significantly overdue, lost, or damaged.
- Returning the items: The United States Postal Service will pick up and deliver materials to you in green, reusable bags. Be sure to flip over or remove the reusable address label included with the package and check that the Library label is facing out in the pocket. Use the zip tie to lock the zipper bag. Place the green bag where your mail is normally picked up and the postal service will collect the package free of charge. You can also call your local post office to arrange a pickup at your door or go online and request a pickup.
How do I order materials?
You can click below to request materials using our online request form.
- or -
- Complete the request form when returning materials
- Leave a message at (816)503-4175 or (816)503-4159 (Please leave after-hours requests on the voicemail.)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org