Temporary closing date: November 8, 2018
Reopening date: February 19, 2019
The Edgerton Branch and its drop box reopened to the public on Tuesday, February 19. Please check this page for information about the branch’s rededication ceremony and open house coming soon.
Holds and Returns
- If you received a notification that items you placed on hold were available for pickup at the Smithville Branch, those holds will be transferred to the Edgerton Branch and will be available for pickup beginning Tuesday, February 19.
- If you would like your holds assigned to a different branch during this renovation, please call or visit any MCPL branch and ask a staff member for assistance in redirecting your holds to your desired location.
- The branch book drop is available for returns as of Tuesday, February 19.
Family Story Time
Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m.
Programming and Services
Programming has resumed at the Edgerton Branch as of Tuesday, February 19. Visit mymcpl.org/events for updated program information.
Your Refreshed Library Experience Is Here!
The renovation of this branch was part of the second phase of MCPL’s Capital Improvement Plan. This project was made possible by funds from Proposition L. The architects were SAPP Design (Springfield, MO) and Helix Architecture + Design, Inc. (Kansas City, MO), and the construction firm for all projects was JE Dunn.
The following updates have been made to the Edgerton Branch during its renovation:
- New windows and lighting
- Refreshed exterior with automatic entry doors
- Outdoor seating area
- New paint
- New, updated public computers
- Improved Wi-Fi coverage and access
- Landscape enhancements