Groundbreaking: September 14, 2020
Dedication Ceremony: August 12, 2022
8900 NE Flintlock Road
Kansas City, MO 64157
Construction on the new 236-seat Woodneath Library Center Auditorium began on September 14, 2020 at the Woodneath Library Center (8900 NE Flintlock Road, Kansas City, Mo.). The project was completed in Winter 2021, but has not hosted public programs due to delays in delivery of technical equipment.
The new facility, which offers a range of technology and audiovisual capabilities, was built as part of the Library’s Capital Improvement Plan.
Your New Library Experience Is Coming!
The new 236-seat, state-of-the art auditorium with overflow seating for 200+ additional attendees will accommodate large presentations and events, with flexible seating options and exceptional audiovisual capabilities. The auditorium, adjacent to the historic home, has a separate entrance.
In addition to the auditorium, this project will complete the Woodneath Masterplan including the construction of several other new features nearby on the grounds, including an outdoor amphitheater for smaller events as well as:
- A stepped outdoor plaza connecting the existing library to the new auditorium
- A cultural feature near the site of the old barn and silo telling the history of the property
- Woodneath Library Center History Trail with educational markers
- Outdoor meeting space or “council rings” adjacent to the trail
- Expanded parking for the existing library and new auditorium