Groundbreaking: September 14, 2020
Construction has begun on a new project at the Woodneath Library Center (8900 NE Flintlock Road, Kansas City, Mo.) that is estimated to be complete by December 2021.
The Woodneath Library Center will remain open for services allowed at this time.
Your New Library Experience Is Coming!
A new 236-seat, state-of-the art auditorium with overflow seating for 200+ additional attendees will accommodate large presentations and events, with flexible seating options and exceptional audiovisual capabilities. The auditorium, adjacent to the historic home, will have a separate entrance.
In addition to the auditorium, this project will complete the Woodneath Masterplan including the construction of several other new features nearby on the grounds, including an outdoor amphitheater for smaller events as well as:
- A stepped outdoor plaza connecting the existing library to the new auditorium
- A cultural feature near the site of the old barn and silo telling the history of the property
- Additional walking trails with educational markers
- Outdoor meeting space or “council rings” adjacent to the trail
- Expanded parking for the existing library and new auditorium