Branch Closing Date: July 15, 2020
Reopening Date: January 5, 2021
After closing on Wednesday, July 14 for renovations, the Parkville Branch reopened with curbside service on Tuesday, January 5.
Holds and Returns
- If you received a notification that items you placed on hold were available for pickup at the Boardwalk Branch, those holds were transferred back to the Parkville Branch and are available for pickup.
- If you would like your holds assigned to a different branch, please call or visit any MCPL branch and ask a staff member for assistance in redirecting your holds to your desired location.
- The branch book drop is available for returns as of Tuesday, January 5.
Your Refreshed Library Experience Is Here!
We are pleased to inform you that the Parkville Branch has reopened as of Tuesday, January 5 and includes the following renovations:
- Outdoor seating area
- Enlarged and renovated community room and meeting rooms
- New windows
- New furniture additions, lighting, paint, carpet, ceilings
- Automatic entrance doors
- Enhanced entry and native landscaping
- New signage and display cases
This project is part of Library’s Capital Improvement Plan, which is made possible by funds from Proposition L. The architects are SAPP Design (Springfield, MO) and Helix Architecture and Design, Inc. (Kansas City, MO), and the construction firm for all projects is JE Dunn.