Groundbreaking: July 15, 2021
Opening: Summer 2022
The Green Hills Library Center will be the home of the first public library culinary literacy center in the region that will help people learn about food preparation, nutrition, and food culture. It will also provide culinary-based programming to teach reading, math, science, and other subjects in a commercial kitchen with classroom seating. In addition, the branch will feature commercial kitchen space available for local food-based businesses.
The branch is located at 8581 N. Green Hills Rd., Kansas City, MO 64154, and is targeted for completion in summer 2022. Once it opens, it will serve as a replacement for the Library’s current Boardwalk Branch at 8656 N. Ambassador Drive, Kansas City, Mo.
Your New Library Experience Is Coming!
The Green Hills Library Center will span approximately 35,000 square feet and will feature a variety of modern amenities, including:
- Community programming room with seating for 240
- Demonstration kitchen with seating for programs and classes
- Children and Teen areas
- Storytime room that seats 100
- Coffee shop
- Meeting and collaboration rooms for public use
- Commercial kitchen space available for food-based businesses.