Dedication: December 9, 2022
Green Hills Library Center, located at 8581 N. Green Hills Rd., Kansas City, Mo., broke ground on the new building on July 15, 2021, and opened to the public on September 9, 2022. The newly built branch serves as a replacement for the Library’s former Boardwalk Branch. Visit the Locations page to see Green Hills’ hours.
Located inside Green Hills, the MCPL Culinary Center opened in 2023. The Culinary Center—the first of its kind in the region—will help people learn about food preparation, nutrition, and food culture. It also provides culinary-based programming to teach reading, math, science, and other subjects in a commercial kitchen with classroom seating. In addition, the center features commercial kitchen space available for local food-based businesses.
Your New Library Experience Is Here!
The Green Hills Library Center spans approximately 35,000 square feet and features a variety of modern amenities, including:
- Community programming room
- Children and Teen areas
- Storytime room
- Coffee shop - Coming soon!
- Meeting and collaboration rooms for public use
- Culinary Center - Coming soon!
- Commercial kitchen space available for food-based businesses
- Demonstration kitchen with seating for programs and classes