October 3, 2022
Have you read all of today’s hottest titles? Do you like to share your thoughts and chat with others about new and popular books? Then come to the Library to celebrate National Reading Group Month!
The Library hosts book groups at nearly every location. Find upcoming book groups at your local branch as well as virtual groups that you can attend via Zoom. MCPL has Family, Kid, Tween, and Teen Book Groups too, so the whole community can have access to books, activities, and new social opportunities to connect.
Do you want to start your own book group? Reach out to the fantastic MCPL Book Group team or your local branch to get started. There are over 1,100 titles to choose from, in every genre, which is sure to appeal to your group. If you are a voracious reader, consider joining our MCPL Readers’ Lounge on Facebook or becoming our friend on GoodReads.
MCPL strives to ensure all members of the community have access to the materials they need. Are you homebound? Explore MCPL’s Library-By-Mail service. Are you an educator who needs more books for your class? Utilize the Library’s Teacher Assistance program. Let us help you help your students! Did you know that MCPL even has a mobile branch called the Reading Rocket, which brings Library services into the community?
If you or your kids feel like you’ve read everything or want to try something new, check out YourNextRead. This free, staff-provided service offers personalized book ideas just for you. Just fill out the form, and Library staff will be in touch within several days.
You can explore and share your love of books, as well as support the Library, in many ways:
- Discover more books, movies, and music that you can check out from the Library.
- Consider becoming a Library Lovers member with fantastic special benefits. Your kids can become members too!
- Consider donating to MCPL to support the important work MCPL does in the community.
- Talk to Us – Share what you love about MCPL through this online form or reach out to the Library’s leadership team. You can also share feedback to the Library’s Board of Trustees at Board@mymcpl.org.
- Become a Social Media Advocate – Help MCPL spread the word about its valuable services—from early literacy programs like 1000 Books Before Kindergarten, to helpful services like remote printing, to its broad collection of materials, including eBooks and eAudiobooks available through OverDrive.
So, this October, celebrate National Reading Group Month, but also remember that the Library is about way more than just reading and book groups! MCPL is here to provide you with innovation, information, ideas, and inspiration.
Red Bridge Branch