Closing date: March 15, 2020
Reopening date: Late Spring 2021
The Colbern Road Branch closed on Sunday, March 15 in order for the staff, books, furniture, and other materials at the Colbern Road Branch to be relocated to the new East Lee’s Summit Branch.
The East Lee’s Summit Branch, the Lee’s Summit Branch (150 NW Oldham Parkway) are two the two locations in Lee’s Summit for customers to pick up materials and access other Library services.
Holds and Returns
Before 5:00 p.m. March 15, Colbern Road Branch customers are asked to check out any items they have been notified are available for pickup at the Colbern Road Branch. Any holds not picked up before close of business on March 15 will be transferred to:
Lee’s Summit Branch
150 NW Oldham Road
Lee’s Summit, MO
Mon.-Thur. 9 – 9; Fri. 9 – 6; Sat. 10 – 6; Sun. 1 – 5
After March 15, Library materials that become available (and were scheduled to be picked up at the Colbern Road Branch) will also be transferred to and available at the Lee’s Summit Branch. If you would like your holds transferred to another branch during this renovation, please call or visit any MCPL branch and ask a staff member for assistance in redirecting your holds to your desired location.
The branch book drop will not be available for use while the branch is closed. Materials can be returned to the Lee’s Summit Branch or any MCPL location that is not closed for construction.
Storytimes, Book Groups, and Programming
- Storytimes: Colbern Road customers are invited to attend storytimes at the Lee’s Summit Branch, Blue Springs South Branch, and also at the new East Lee’s Summit Branch once it opens in late April. For information on all storytimes, visit mymcpl.org/storytimes.
- Book Groups: Colbern Road customers are invited to join book groups at the Lee’s Summit Branch, Blue Springs South Branch, and also at the new East Lee’s Summit Branch once it opens in late April. For information on all book groups, visit mymcpl.org/bookgroups.
- Programming: Information will be added to this page about programming when it becomes available.Visit the Events page for updated program information.
As an MCPL customer, you are invited to attend programs, including storytimes, browse the collection, use public computers, access free Wi-Fi, and use other Library services at all branch locations including the Blue Springs South Branch and the Lee’s Summit Branch.
Your New Library Experience is Coming!
We are pleased to inform you that the existing Colbern Road Branch will be replaced on the same site with a brand new 33,000-square-foot building (over twice the size of the current branch). The new Colbern Road Branch, which will be the hub for MCPL’s Square One Small Business Services team, is slated to open in late spring 2021 and will include:
- A new enclosed community room with an operable partition wall that seats up to 240
- A children’s program room that seats 106
- 5 smaller collaboration rooms
- Co-working space for entrepreneurs and small businesses
- A teen space
- A coffee shop
This project is part of Library’s Capital Improvement Plan made possible by funds from Proposition L. The architects are SAPP Design (Springfield, MO) and Helix Architecture and Design, Inc. (Kansas City, MO), and the construction firm for all projects is JE Dunn.