December 22, 2022
Despite rising prices and inflation, the Library can help you save money and give you the tools to achieve your financial and budgeting goals, now and forever.
Here are just a few ways your Library card can save you money:
- Check out an Evergy Power Check Device from your local MCPL branch to measure your power usage. This can ultimately help you learn how to save money on your monthly utility bills.
- Are you looking into buying a new appliance, car, or the latest in electronics? Check out Consumer Reports for the most up-to-date reviews and ratings on a broad range of items.
- Do you want to read the latest newspaper without the cost? Check out the Kansas City Star Image Edition for every daily paper—from 2013 to today.
- Do you need to print out a document? Save on ink and paper by downloading the free Mobile Print App to your mobile device and send your items to our printers remotely. Additionally, all MCPL branches have public computers, copiers, and fax services.
- Would it help you to have a stronger internet connection? Place a hold on a Wi-Fi To Go hotspot to keep you connected. All MCPL branches, whether open or not, have free Wi-Fi in their parking lots too.
- Have you been debating about what movies or TV shows to binge-watch? Check out our enormous collection of DVDs, Blu-Rays, and downloadable movies and documentaries.
- Do you need tutoring services for yourself or your kids? Check out the free resources from Tutor.com to help you with your job, kids’ homework, test preparation, or writing projects. Download the Tutor.com App for easy, on-the-go access.
- Do you want to get back in the job market but are struggling with all of the online applications, resumes, and even virtual interviews? Do you want to add more skills to your resume? Check out Digital Literacy, Job Help from Tutor.com, LearningExpress Library, LinkedIn Learning for Libraries (which can also get you connected to the job site Indeed), and others to help you achieve dream-job goal status.
- Are you a DIY type or want to be? Check out MCPL’s Automotive and Small Engine Repair Resources to help you get started.
- Don’t buy books. Check them out from the Library’s collection. If you have a long wait, try Libby, by OverDrive where you can download and read or listen to your book.
- Find tax forms through Gale’s Legal Forms for all the legal documents you may need.
- Keep tabs on your investments and stocks with Morningstar Investment Research Center.
As always, there are too many Library resources and tools to list, but I urge you to check out each of them or whichever resources meet your needs. Feel free to ask staff members for help.
How can you access all of these great resources? Get a Library card and let the Library help you be mindful of your finances for 2023.
Red Bridge Branch