February 14, 2023
In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, Mid-Continent Public Library is pleased to announce that its annual Romance GenreCon convention for romance readers and writers will return August 3-5, 2023, to its Woodneath Library Center. The free, three-day convention will draw romance fans and authors from across the country for presentations and workshops dedicated to the creation and enjoyment of the continually top-selling genre.
Headlining this year’s convention will be a variety of bestselling and award-winning romance authors, including:
- Lyssa Kay Adams, Acclaimed contemporary romance author
- K.M. Jackson, USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance whose work has been recognized by Oprah Magazine, ShondaLand, and NPR
- Jayci Lee, acclaimed author of contemporary romantic comedies
- Janna MacGregor, Kansas City resident, attorney, and acclaimed author of historical (Regency) romance
- Cathy Maxwell, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of historical romance
- Abigail Owen, award-winning author of paranormal romance
- Nisha Sharma, critically acclaimed author of contemporary romance
- Mia Sosa, award-winning and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance
- Julie Tieu, acclaimed author of contemporary romance
Thursday and Friday (August 3 and 4) of GenreCon will be the Romance Writers Conference, with experienced romance authors and industry professionals leading classes on navigating the romance writing and publishing process. Friday and Saturday (August 4 and 5) will be all about the fans during the Romance Readers Conference. Passion-loving readers will have the opportunity to meet their favorite authors and participate in a range of activities, including games, crafts, and cosplay.
To learn more about Romance GenreCon, visit mymcpl.org/Romance. Registration for the event will open in May, and more details about the full schedule of the convention will be released then as well.
Read Similar Blogs:
Books and Reading