December 1, 2022
December is here! And, boy, is it a big time of year for family get-togethers, eating, and baking. For a lot of families, December is a time to gather and celebrate all the past year’s achievements. Maybe your family is looking for special ways to celebrate, restaurants to meet at, or new recipes to try. Or maybe your idea of an event is a good recipe book, a fireplace, and a cat to bug you while you cook.
MCPL has a wide range of resources for recipes, craft ideas, decorating tips, and resources to get the creative juices flowing!
- Universal Class – Universal Class has a wide range of self-paced and instructor-led classes centered on food, entertainment, and general guides on how to plan a successful event. Their classes help break down the event, set timelines, and keep things organized. It’s a great resource to use if it’s your first time planning a large family event, and you’re looking to try some specialty recipes or want some ideas on interior design to prepare your home. It makes decorating your home simple and easy and is sure to impress your friends or family.
- LinkedIn Learning – Yes, of course LinkedIn has a reputation for being used by job seekers or people seeking professional development, but they also have some great resources for personal development, event planning, and loads of other skills that you can use. Want to learn graphic design so you can make some killer invitations? Have a new Cricut and want to make some professional quality holiday gifts or decorations? Want to master photography and get some great family portraits with your new DSLR camera and tripod? It’s all here!
- Access Video on Demand – This resource is great background noise while you’re waiting for the timer to ding on your freshly baked sourdough bread or for your mulled wine to reach peak cinnamon flavor goodness. Cozy up with a blanket and watch your favorite chef cook a large meal so that you’re ready to impress your friends and family with your newfound cooking prowess.
- Culinary Arts – Do you actually not feel like cooking at all? Your family is tired, doesn’t want to clean and decorate, but still wants to get together? Here, you can research local restaurant reviews and try out a new place that’s good for your family to all get together. (It also has loads of searchable recipes and cooking articles!)
- Online Magazines – If you’re like me, then you love to cook, eat, and sometimes pretend to be Martha Stewart. Whether you’re daydreaming about planning a wedding, planning a “Color Night” inspired by TikTok, or having friends and family over to celebrate a holiday at your new home, MCPL’s many online magazines are a fun and informative way to help you prep! Check out PressReader, Flipster, or OverDrive Magazines. All have the latest issues of popular magazines, available in full color and super fun to read.
Electronic Resources Librarian