Museum Pass Program Has Begun!
Mid-Continent Public Library, the City of Independence, and the Jackson County Historical Society launched the MCPL Museum Pass as a pilot program in a selection of branches on April 1, 2019. The program provides complimentary admission to select Independence attractions and museums.
The following museums participate on a seasonal basis:
- Vaile Mansion (April 1 – October 31)
- National Frontier Trails Museum (year-round)
- The Chicago & Alton Railroad Depot (April 1 – October 31)
- The 1859 Jail and Marshal’s Home and Museum (year-round)
- The Bingham-Waggoner Estate (April 1 – October 31)
- Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum (closed for renovation until Fall 2020)
How does it work?
MCPL cardholders who are 18 years of age and older can check out a Museum Pass for up to one week. Each Museum Pass includes a voucher valid for four adult, senior, or child admissions to one specific Independence attraction. Passes are valid for general admission only.
- Cardholders may only check out a Museum Pass to one attraction at a time.
- Museum Pass vouchers will be available for checkout in person on a first-come, first-served basis, and a checkout cannot be renewed.
- Each Museum Pass can only used one time at each attraction. The attractions track the pass number presented at the beginning of your visit.
- Museum Passes may be returned to any MCPL branch. Passes must be returned by the end of the seven-day checkout period.
- Fines and fees will apply for late or lost Museum Passes.
Where can I check them out?
At this time, a set of Museum Passes (one per attraction) are available for checkout at the following MCPL branches:
- Blue Springs North
- Blue Springs South
- Midwest Genealogy Center
- North Independence
- North Oak
- South Independence
- Woodneath Library Center.
This program is made possible through a partnership with the Independence Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Department.