October 21, 2021
Horror fiction has the power to ignite the imagination in terrifying and amazing ways. The desire to experience intense emotions and face our inner fears is what drives many readers to the genre. There’s something so satisfying about a strong resolution after an entire novel’s worth of nail-biting fright! But horror isn’t the only genre where you can find those spine-tingling reads. Psychological suspense hits a lot of those same marks.
If you’re looking for some great reads for spooky season, check out my 10 picks for a hauntingly good time!
- Those Across the River by Christopher Buehlman
- The Good House by Tananarive Due
- The Return by Rachel Harrison
- The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones
- The Devil in Silver by Victor LaValle
- Her Body and Other Parties by Carmen Maria Machado
- Bird Box by Josh Malerman
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Final Girls by Riley Sager
- A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay
Looking for a quick read in horror? Check out MCPL staff member Taylor’s excellent list “Horror for People in a Hurry.” In the mood for something particular? Check out MCPL’s very own personalized reading service Your Next Read, where we will cater to your specific reading needs.
Information and Reader Services Department
Add new comment
Read Similar Blogs:
Books and Reading