November 24, 2021
Many celebrate Thanksgiving with friends, family, and of course, food! And whether your Thanksgiving will be a day of chaotic activities, or a quiet meal followed by a post-turkey nap, don’t forget to make time to put your feet up with a slice of pecan pie, your favorite beverage, and an excellent movie.
Check out this list of flicks for all ages—it’s always good to have choices. (Remember, not everyone’s partial to the ambrosia salad.)
- Turkey Hollow – A divorced dad and his two kids travel to Turkey Hollow to celebrate Thanksgiving with their eccentric Aunt Cly, leading them on an adventure to save their aunt’s farm.
- Free Birds – Two turkeys must put their differences aside and travel back in time to get turkey off the menu... for good! Kids will enjoy this film, no matter the age!
- Friendsgiving – Chaos ensues when two friends plan a quiet Thanksgiving only to have acquaintances, relatives, and lovers show up unannounced.
- A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving – Considered by some to be a must-see holiday classic. When Peppermint Patty and friends show up at Charlie Brown's on Thanksgiving unexpectedly, Chuck, with the help of Linus, Snoopy, and Woodstock, shows them the meaning of Thanksgiving.
- Knives Out – A murder mystery that plays tribute to the skills of the Queen of Mystery, Agatha Christie. Pair the premise with a star-studded cast (everyone from Daniel Craig to Jamie Lee Curtis!), and you’ve got an intriguing whodunnit rife with suspects.
- Grumpy Old Men – Two cantankerous curmudgeons take their bickering to the next level when the mature beauty, Ariel, moves in across the street. The two have to up the ante to compete for her attention.
- Little Women – There are plenty of adaptations of this classic book to choose from, but might we suggest the 2020 movie directed by Greta Gerwig for a film that brings not only the classic novel to life but draws on inspiration from other Louisa May Alcott writing.
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles – A classic tale of holiday travel gone wrong. With his flight cancelled, all Neal wants to do is get home for Thanksgiving when an overly talkative shower curtain ring salesman befriends him, offering plenty of advice and bad jokes.
- Tower Heist – Workers at “The Tower” plot to steal back their pensions from financial giant Arthur Shaw, who just so happens to be on house arrest in the penthouse.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding – When Ian falls for Toula Portokalos, he gets more than he bargains for with her larger-than-life family. Hilarity ensues! Don’t forget the follow up: My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2
Information and Reader Services
Read Similar Blogs: