Earn Your High School Diploma Online Through the Library
Excel Adult High School (formerly Career Online High School) provides the opportunity to finish your high school education and prepare for what comes next - whether that is college, a promotion at work, or a new career. The program is offered entirely online with 24/7 access to fit your busy schedule.
- Advising—The success coaching/counseling team will assist with course selection and college planning or career guidance.
- ELL Friendly—English language learners can read content side by side in both English and their native language as well as choose to have it read aloud.
- Unlimited Online Tutoring—Live, built-in student tutoring through the Train the Brain program.
- Transfer Credits Accepted—Graduate sooner with transfer credits from other accredited high schools, homeschools, or successfully passed portions of the GED®, HiSET®, or TASC
- Many Course Options—including the opportunity to take up to 7 college-level courses for free
MCPL has partnered with Literacy KC and the Kansas City Public Library to provide a limited number of scholarships to allow students to enroll at no cost. Eligible applicants who successfully finish a two-week prerequisite life skills course and a scheduled phone interview will be awarded a scholarship.
To be considered for the program, applicants must be 19 years or older, have a library card, and show a willingness and ability to dedicate 8-10 hours a week to coursework. Students who lack devices or connectivity may be eligible to use dedicated space and equipment in the Library for study and online courses.
This program is available with the support of the Missouri State Library, a division of the Office of the Secretary of State.
Contact us at email@example.com.