Mid-Continent Public Library offers eBooks for downloading to your computer and transferring to a portable device such as a Barnes & Noble nook, a Sony Reader, or an Amazon Kindle (see complete list of compatible devices). The service is provided through OverDrive and is available to MCPL card holders.
To access the OverDrive website, use the button below:
For additional sources for eBooks, visit the Web Resources portion of our website.
Take a look at these important help resources before visiting the OverDrive website:
- General Information
- What do I need to make my eReader or device work with OverDrive?
- How do I download and install Adobe Digital Editions 2.0? (see link above for list of devices that require Adobe Digital Editions)
- How do I use Adobe Digital Editions? (black background edition)
- How do I use Adobe Digital Editions 2.0? (white background edition)
- How do I download and transfer an eBook to my Kindle or Kindle App?
- How do I download an eBook to my Kindle Fire?
- How do I return a Kindle eBook early?
- How do I set up the OverDrive 3.x App on my iOS Device?
- How do I check out and download an eBook using the OverDrive 3.x App on my iOS Device?
- How do I check out and download an eBook using the OverDrive 2.x App on my iOS Device?
Visit these vendor websites for specific device setup, support, and troubleshooting: