Mid-Continent Public Library offers eBooks for downloading to your computer and transferring to a portable device such as a Barnes & Noble nook, a Sony Reader, or an Amazon Kindle (see complete list of compatible devices). The service is provided through OverDrive and is available to MCPL card holders.
To access the OverDrive website, use the button below:
For additional sources for eBooks, visit the Web Resources portion of our website.
Take a look at these important help resources before visiting the OverDrive website:
- General Information
- What do you need to make your eReader or device work with OverDrive?
- How do you download and install Adobe Digital Editions 2.0? (see link above for list of devices that require Adobe Digital Editions)
- How do you use Adobe Digital Editions? (black background edition)
- How do you use Adobe Digital Editions 2.0? (white background edition)
- How do you download and transfer an eBook to your Kindle or Kindle App?
- How do you download an eBook to your Kindle Fire?
- How do you return a Kindle eBook early?
Visit these vendor websites for specific device setup, support, and troubleshooting: