Mid-Continent Public Library invites you to participate in fun, interactive mobile scavenger hunts presented throughout the year.
Hunters can earn points by completing “missions” that require the use of a mobile device. Missions will challenge you to answer questions and take photos or videos as evidence the missions have been completed.
What do I have to do to participate?
- Download the free GooseChase Apple or Android app onto your phone or tablet.
- Register for a personal account with a username and password of your choice.
- Search for the name of the MCPL scavenger hunt you would like to participate in and follow the prompts.
You will not be able to see the list of missions until the first day of the scavenger hunt event, but you can sign up any time before or during the hunt.
Who can participate?
This scavenger hunt is intended for individuals who are over the age of 13 and have access to a smartphone or tablet. While this activity is intended for MCPL customers, anyone can participate.
What can I win?
Branch Rededication Scavenger Hunts
One winner will be chosen at random from participants who score 1,000 points or more to win a prize. Visit the branch page on mymcpl.org/community to find out dates of each scavenger hunt and prize.
Virtual Scavenger Hunt FAQs and Rules
Do I have to have an MCPL Access Pass (Library card)?
Most missions don’t require a Mid-Continent Public Library Access Pass (Library card), but several do.
Can other people see my photos and videos?
Part of the fun of a GooseChase scavenger hunt is you can see the photos and videos other people post to accomplish their missions and they can see yours.
Please keep this in mind and make sure content you post is viewable by a wide range of people. We reserve the right to remove any posts that are not family friendly, and mission-completed removals will delete points associated with that mission.
What are the rules?
- You must be 13 years of age or older.
- By playing the game, you agree that GooseChase and the Library have access to your email address and can contact you.
- By playing the game, you acknowledge that your photo and video submissions will be available for other participants to see and for Mid-Continent Public Library to use in promotion of the game on social media and other channels.
- MCPL reserves the right to remove any inappropriate content submitted by a participant and to disqualify them from playing the game.
- Winners will be drawn at random from all participants who are 13 years old and older and who score the number of points required during the scavenger hunt.
- Mid-Continent Public Library employees and their immediate household members are not eligible to win prizes in this game.
Still have questions?
If you don't see the answer to your question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.