Summer Library Program
Join MCPL every summer for the Summer Library Program!
Why the Summer Library Program?
The goal of our Summer Library Program is to make sure kids continue building critical literacy skills that can take a backseat over summer break. Reading is a vital part of ensuring kids head back to class ready to learn in the fall. The Summer Library Program is a great opportunity to make sure kids are continuing to learn and grow, and also having fun and feeling good about their accomplishments.
What do we do until next summer?
- Keep reading 20 minutes per day!
- Daily reading is a great way to keep kids engaged and active throughout the year and promote school readiness.
- Don't just read traditional books; every time a reader engages with text, or practices early literacy skills, builds reading skills. This could be a young reader helping with a recipe or shopping list, a teen checking emails, a family reading a newspaper article together, or listening to an audiobook.
- Join more Library programs
- Visit the Library's Community Partners