Mid-Continent Public Library invites you to participate in mobile scavenger hunts as part of the Welcome Back to the Library celebrations for each branch using the free GooseChase app available from iTunes or Google Play.
Hunters can earn points by completing “missions” at the branch and online using links to pages on mymcpl.org.
Once a participant has earned 1,000 points, they are qualified to win their branch’s prize.
How does it work?
Branch Reopening Scavenger Hunts
Starting the day of each branch’s Open House, hunters can earn points by completing missions by visiting the branch to look for answers to questions, visiting the branch to take photos and more. If you aren’t able to get to your branch, don’t worry! There are missions that you can complete without leaving your home that will qualify you for the prize. You can join the hunt anytime during the week it is taking place.
Who can participate?
This scavenger hunt is intended for individuals who are over the age of 13 and have access to a smartphone or tablet. While this activity is intended for MCPL customers, anyone can participate.
What do I have to do?
- Download the free GooseChase iPhone or Android app onto your phone or tablet.
- Register for a personal account with a username and password of your choice.
- Search for the (BRANCH NAME) Scavenger Hunt and follow the prompts.
You will not be able to see the list of missions until the day of the branch's rededication event, but you can sign up any time before or during the hunt which ends at the close of business on the Friday following that event.
What can I win?
Branch Reopening Scavenger Hunts
One winner will be chosen at random from participants who earn 1,000 points of more to win a $50 gift certificate from a local business in each branch's community. See each branch's construction page for information.
Branch Scavenger Hunt FAQs and Rules
Do I have to have an MCPL Access Pass (Library card)?
Most missions don’t require a Mid-Continent Public Library Access Pass (Library card), but several do.
Can other people see my photos and videos?
Part of the fun of this game is that you can see the photos and videos that other people post to accomplish their missions and they can see yours.
Please keep this in mind and make sure the content you post is viewable by a wide range of people. We reserve the right to remove any posts that aren't family-friendly which will delete points associated with that mission, but we know that won't need to happen!
What are the rules?
- You must be 13 years of age or older.
- By playing the game, you agree that GooseChase and the Library have access to your email address and can contact you.
- By playing the game, you acknowledge that your photo and video submissions will be available for other participants to see and for Mid-Continent Public Library to use in promotion of the game on social media and other channels.
- MCPL reserves the right to remove any inappropriate content submitted by a participant and to disqualify them from playing the game.
- Winners will be drawn at random from all participants who are 13 years old and older and who score 1,000 points or more during the scavenger hunt.
- Mid-Continent Public Library employees and their immediate household members are not eligible to win prizes in this game.
Still have questions?
If you don't see the answer to your question, please contact us at email@example.com.