Mid-Continent Public Library recently added a new resource to its collection called the Civics and Citizenship Toolkit, which contains flash cards and study guides on a variety of topics related to the history and government of the United States, including:
- Preparing for the Naturalization Test Pocket Study Guide
- Civics Flash Cards
- Expanding ESL, Civics, and Citizenship Education Start-Up Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Preparación para el examen de naturalización (all Spanish)
- Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution
- The Citizen’s Almanac
- Learn About the United States
- Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants
- Bienvenido a los Estados Unidos de América (all Spanish)
Currently, the Library has 30 Civics and Citizenship Toolkits in its collection. Two pieces of each kit are available in Spanish. The kits can be reserved through MCPL’s online catalog and are available to customers at all 31 branches for a checkout period of 28 days. These kits are a great resource for local residents who are studying to obtain their U.S. citizenship or for students who are simply looking to brush up on their civics knowledge.
- MCPL Marketing & Communications Department
This is a great resource for library users that are interested in the citizenship process and I'm thrilled to see my local library offering these kinds of resources. I believe the USCIS offers materials in languages other than Spanish, such as Arabic and Chinese. Does this kit come in other languages, and if so is there any reason it wasn't also purchased in those languages?
This particular kit only comes in English and Spanish. We are in the process of buying supplemental resource in additional languages for our branches.
This is an incredible addition to our collection! I did want to clarify, however, that we have 30 kits and in each kit there are two parts in Spanish (in addition to the English). One is a copy of the Constitution and the other is a study guide for the naturalization exam.