Schools are out, Summer Learning Program has started, and the unofficial vacation season has arrived! For many people, the summer months are the perfect time to take a much-needed vacation or staycation. And whether you’re crossing the continent, or simply taking a few days off to relax in the backyard, the Library has a plethora of helpful resources to ensure you’re making the most of those work-free weekdays.
Here are six vacation essentials you won’t want to miss from Mid-Continent Public Library:
- Tunes – Make a rockin’ road trip playlist or spice up your low-key R&R with Freegal Music, a free streaming service available to Library customers.
- Magazines – Nothing makes travel delays at the airport more bearable than catching up on the latest news. People, Rolling Stone, TIME Magazine—no matter your preferences, RBdigital and Flipster have you covered with the latest issues of the hottest magazines.
- eBooks and eAudiobooks – If you’re planning to jet off somewhere fabulous or head down to the lake, make sure you first stock your tablet, smartphone, or eReader with all the eBook and eAudiobook files you can store before you go! Gone are the days of stuffing books in suitcases. Instead, download all those James Patterson thrillers directly to your device for free from the Library.
- Foreign Language Tools – Need to brush up on your français or learn a few key phrases in Japanese for your travels? Do it for free with Mango Languages on MCPL’s website! Mango offers courses on more than 70 languages.
- Culture Courses – Get the full scoop on your vacation destination—whether that’s Missouri or Mongolia—with CultureGrams. This free online resource offers information about geography, history, food, customs, and more, for over 200 countries.
- Road Trip Readiness Tips: Consumer Reports has lots of content related to travel including articles on getting ready for—and how to plan the perfect—road trip, ways to avoid big medical bills if you get sick while traveling, where the best places are to buy luggage, and much more.
So no matter where you go this summer, make sure you take Mid-Continent Public Library with you! We make a great travel companion. And the best part? It’s all free—all you need is your MCPL Access Pass! Don’t have a card yet? Get one right now!
While you’re out and about, share your adventures on social media with #MCPLonVacay. We can’t wait to see where you’ll take MCPL this summer!
Marketing & Communications