March 29, 2021
Starting in April, MCPL will offer a monthly selection of virtual book group events that you can attend from the comfort of your own home.
How does it work?
Check out the Library’s event listings and see which book group events are forthcoming. If you find one that interests you, register for the event, and the Library will send you the Zoom link for the discussion.
How do I get the book?
Once you’ve registered for the event, contact email@example.com with your name, the last four digits of your Library card number, and the book needed. Our team will place a hold on the title and send it to your branch for you to pick up!
Please note: All book selections are chosen from the Library’s extensive Booktalk Collection, which is separate from the general collection; this helps ensure books are available when events are active (while stock lasts).
How long do I get to keep the book?
As with all MCPL in-person book groups (currently suspended due to COVID-19), your book will be due the day after the book group discussion. Books will be available to pick up approximately 30 days before the group meets. However, feel free to sign up ahead of time and request a book. We will send it out to you when the reservation is active, so you don’t have to wait to request.
- Wednesday, April 7, at 2:00 p.m. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
- Wednesday, April 14, at 6:30 p.m. The Dreamers by Karen Thompson Walker
- Thursday, April 22, at 2:00 p.m. This Side of Murder by Anna Lee Huber
- The author is attending this event!
- Tuesday, April 27, at 7:00 p.m. The Girl with the Louding Voice by Abi Daré
Forthcoming Events: (Keep an eye on the Library’s event listings for more details!)
- The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Dewey Defeats Truman by A. J. Baime
- The author is attending this event, which will be hosted by Doug Richardson from the Harry S. Truman Historic Site.
- Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan
…and many more! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy reading!
Information and Reader Services Department
Add new comment
Read Similar Blogs: