July 7, 2021
Mid-Continent Public Library has partnered with the Jackson County Health Department to offer free COVID-19 vaccination events at several of its branches this summer. The clinics do not require advance registration. Below are the days and times of the events and their locations:
- Raytown Branch (Basement): July 6, 8 (noon–5:00 p.m.), and 9 (noon-6:00 p.m.)
- Oak Grove Branch: July 12, 4:00–8:00 p.m.
- Grandview Branch (Community Program Room): July 14 and 16, noon–6:00 p.m.
- Lone Jack Branch: July 19, 4:00–8:00 p.m.
- North Independence Branch (Community Program Room) – July 20 and 23, noon – 6:00 p.m.
- Buckner Branch: July 26, 4:00–8:00 p.m.
- Midwest Genealogy Center (Drive-Thru Event): July 31, 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
During the vaccination events, attendees will have the opportunity to receive their first or second dose of the Pfizer vaccine, their second dose of the Moderna vaccine, or the one and only dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. If attendees are receiving their second vaccine dose, they are encouraged to bring their vaccination cards.
The vaccination clinics will be run by Jackson County Health Department staff and volunteers. The Library will be giving away assorted books and mood cups at all events to those who receive the vaccine, while supplies last.
More information about the COVID-19 vaccine can be found on the Jackson County Health Department’s website at jacohd.org, or by calling the health department 816.404.6415.