August 2, 2021
In partnership with both the Jackson County and Platte County Health Departments, Mid-Continent Public Library branches will host several free COVID-19 vaccination events this month. The clinics do not require advance registration. Below are the days and times of the events and their locations:
- South Independence Branch – August 4, 6, 25, and 27, noon–6:00 p.m.
- Lone Jack Branch – August 9, 4:00–8:00 p.m.
- Buckner Branch – August 16, 4:00–8:00 p.m.
- East Lee’s Summit Branch – August 18 and 20 and September 8 and 10, noon–6:00 p.m.
- Midwest Genealogy Center (Drive-Thru) – August 21, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Reading Rocket at Hawthorne Place Apartments – August 3, 17, 24, and 31, 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Edgerton Branch – August 13 and September 10, 9:00–11:00 a.m.
- Dearborn Branch – August 13 and September 10, 1:00–3:00 p.m.
During the Jackson County vaccination events, attendees will have the opportunity to receive their first or second dose of the Pfizer vaccine, their second dose of the Moderna vaccine, or the one and only dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. The Platte County Health Department will offer all three vaccines for the first and/or second dose. If attendees are receiving their second vaccine dose, they are encouraged to bring their vaccination cards.
In addition to the COVID-19 vaccination events, the Jackson County Health Department will host several Back-to-School Vaccination Events with required immunizations for 8th through 12th graders. Two of these clinics will be held at MCPL Branches on the following dates and times:
More information about all of the Jackson County Health Department’s vaccine clinics can be found on their website at jacohd.org, or by calling the health department 816.404.6415.
More information about all of the Platte County Health Department’s vaccine clinics can be found on their website at plattecountyhealthdept.com, or by calling the health department 816.858.2412.