Mid-Continent Public Library’s annual Legacy Luncheon is an opportunity to celebrate the great impact and bright future of the Library in our community. While we are used to gathering with our supporters, partners, and retirees for an engaging afternoon, the 2020 Legacy Luncheon will look a little different this year. Legacy Luncheon is going virtual but will still offer the same highlights that everyone has come to know and love with the addition of exclusive new content. The 2020 Virtual Legacy Luncheon will be available in a “choose your own adventure” format and give registrants the opportunity to choose how and when they experience the event.
Ticket prices are $20 (fully tax-deductible) for digital access only or $35 ($20 tax-deductible) for digital access and a signed copy of The Paris Hours by keynote author Alex George. As in past years, MCPL retirees will be able to register and access the digital event for free.
The 2020 Virtual Legacy Luncheon webpage will include:
- A conversation with Library Director Steve Potter
- Keynote address from author Alex George
- Award nomination videos for winners of the John Ferguson Legacy Award, Maggie Jackson Community Spirit Award, and Victor Gragg Library Champion Award
- Musical performance from local jazz duo A La Mode and a digital download code for their latest album, C’est si Bon
- Three-course French cooking lesson from Chefs Ingrid and Guillaume Hanriot of Café des Amis in Parkville
- Exclusive Library construction update
- Curated reading recommendations
- …and much more!
While there’s no substitute for gathering together, you can enjoy this year’s “luncheon” experience at your leisure while supporting your Library. Every ticket purchased will include a link to the exclusive event webpage that will be available starting Friday, July 17, and will be accessible through the end of 2020.
Register today for the 2020 Virtual Legacy Luncheon at mymcpl.org/legacy-luncheon.