February 24, 2021
Mid-Continent Public Library “Express Service” allows customers to independently browse and pick up items inside its branches*, services that were previously unavailable due to COVID safety restrictions. Customers, who must continue to wear a mask over the nose and mouth at all times inside MCPL locations, are now able to do the following:
- Independent and Online Browsing: Customers may select items from the shelves on their own and check them out using the self-check kiosks in each branch. Or, browse the shelves online and pick up their items using curbside or drive-up window service at a branch.
- Technology Services: Public computers, fax machines, printers, and copiers are available for use.
- Pick-Up of Materials: Branches continue to operate curbside or drive-up window service to pick up materials that have been placed on hold, but customers can also retrieve them inside the branch.
- Returns: Items must be returned to an indoor or outdoor book drop. They will be quarantined for 72 hours before being checked back in; however, no fines will accrue from this additional time.
If you need a Library card, you can register online and start using your card today.
Customers are still asked to limit their visits inside MCPL locations to 90 minutes or less to promote lower building occupancy rates for social distancing purposes. Public computers can be used for 60 minutes a day and are spaced to comply with social distancing recommendations. Wi-Fi continues to be available outside the Library’s branches 24/7. In addition to maintaining social distance, customers are asked to wear masks inside the branches throughout their entire visit.
Services that are still not available include:
- In-person Library events (Virtual events are available on MCPL’s social media pages; Dial-A-Story, a phone-based storytime, is available at 816.701.6904)
- Meeting room usage
- Gathering in large groups
- Using children’s computers
MCPL staff continue to regularly clean high-touch surfaces throughout the day and library staff and visitors are required to wear masks at all times. More information about the Library’s available services can be found at mymcpl.org/COVID.
Read Similar Blogs: