April 2, 2021
Mid-Continent Public Library is celebrating National Library Week, April 4 – 10, with the return of its annual “Access Art” workshops as well as prize giveaways. MCPL’s theme for this year’s National Library Week is “Libraries Empower Communities,” and the Library is inviting everyone to stop by their local MCPL branch to discover how their Library can empower their life! Beginning Monday, April 5, MCPL branches will be giving away free tote bags, while supplies last, to customers who come in to check out items and use Library services.
Throughout the week, the Library will also bring back its annual Access Art program series, which offers instructional art classes for all ages. This year’s Access Art is completely virtual, with classes being held on the Library’s MCPL360 Facebook page or through Zoom. Art supply lists are included in the event descriptions on the Library’s website (mymcpl.org/AccessArt), so attendees can participate in the classes at home. Additional information and registration are available online as well.
Registered participants at each Access Art class will have their name entered in a prize drawing! Adults will have the opportunity to win an Access Art t-shirt, and kids can win a Crayola Create 'N Carry Art Set. Access Art programs include:
- Storytime Art Class: There's a Wocket in My Pocket
- Abstract Art and Realism
- Simple Printmaking Techniques
- 10 Missouri Artworks that Help Us Understand Our History
Learn more about National Library Week at MCPL and all the things the Library can do for you at mymcpl.org/Empower! Here are just a few of the Library’s free resources and services you might not know about:
- Wi-Fi services, including mobile hotspot checkout through the Library’s new Wi-Fi To Go service
- Small business and career support through MCPL’s Square One Small Business Services
- Family history research at MCPL’s Midwest Genealogy Center
- Writing and storytelling resources through The Story Center
- Homework help resources
- Earn a high school diploma through Career Online High School
- Mobile and Remote Printing at select MCPL locations
- Public Computers
Happy National Library Week!
-MCPL Marketing & Communications
Add new comment
Read Similar Blogs: