November 3, 2020
What is your vision for Kansas City over the next 20 years? The KC Spirit Playbook is an update to the City of Kansas City’s comprehensive plan, which will set priorities and guide decisions for Kansas City, and we need your help to ensure that all Kansas Citians’ voices are heard.
The process is comprised of three different phases of public engagement that will result in the final plan. Unfortunately, because of COVID-19, all of our public engagement is limited to online for now, but we will be back out in the community as soon as it is safe again. In phase one, we have been asking a lot of general questions about what the community wants to focus on during this process. In the next phase, we will begin having more conversations about specific topics like transportation or housing. And in the final phase, we will be putting all that input together into a draft plan for everyone to review before adoption. The goal is to have all of these phases completed by the middle of 2022.
It has been over 20 years since the last plan was completed, and Kansas City has changed a lot since then. The final recommendations in the Kansas City Spirit Playbook will guide how Kansas City grows and impact where we live, work, shop, and play.
While there has been great progress since the previous comprehensive plan was adopted, we need the public’s help to learn what is important to the community and set priorities for the next 20 years. There are lots of ways that you can be involved:
- Register on the KC Spirit Playbook website and participate in any of the many polls, activities, or interactive maps.
- Tell your friends, family, or coworkers about the KC Spirit Playbook, and encourage them to register with the site and participate.
- Involved with a neighborhood association, book club, church group, or other organization? Staff would love to remotely attend your next meeting and discuss the plan and answer questions—email us at Playbook@kcmo.org.
- Have a mailing list or newsletter? Consider using any of our graphics in your next issue, or place a link on your website. Use this link to download a graphics package for your portion of the city.
- Have some free window or bulletin board space available at your storefront, office, or church? Consider placing a small KC Spirit Playbook poster there to help us spread the word. Use this link to download a graphics package.
- Interested in transportation, housing, or other topics? Register to be part of future committees, and we will contact you once we begin discussions about that topic.
City of Kansas City
Add new comment
Read Similar Blogs: