Did you know that Square One Small Business Services at Mid-Continent Public Library helps nonprofit organizations? Our team of business specialists will meet with you one-on-one to go over how Library resources can help you form or improve your nonprofit organization. Even though these type of organizations do not exist to earn a profit, they still need to be managed like for-profit businesses. For instance, how do you attract new donors to your organization? One answer: marketing!
In honor of National Nonprofit Day today, I thought I would post a few resources Mid-Continent Public Library offers to nonprofit organization leaders:
Don’t let the name fool you, this robust tool works just as well for nonprofit organizations as for-profit businesses, and has a special module tailored specifically to not-for-profit entities. Just as you would work on the business model canvas in the for-profit module, you will work on a mission canvas on the not-for-profit side. Additionally, there are modules for creating a founder profile, break-even analysis, financial projections, bylaws, and strategic plans.
This database of grant opportunities allows you to search by keyword, country, state, subject heading, program type, sponsor type, sponsor name, title of grant, description, requirements, deadline, and restrictions. Chances are, there are multiple grants your organization would qualify for—it’s just a matter of finding them. This tool is invaluable for finding the funds to start or expand your organization.
To get the most out of these two databases, you might need to learn the essentials of managing a nonprofit or applying for grants. The resources below will help you take your knowledge to the next level.
- Introduction to Nonprofit Management
- Starting a Nonprofit
- Marketing Your Nonprofit
- Nonprofit Fundraising Essentials
- Writing Effective Grant Proposals
- Get Grants!
- A to Z Grant Writing
- Nonprofit Management Foundations
- Social Media for Nonprofits
- Nonprofit Customer Relationship Management with Salesforce
- The Complete Book of Grant Writing: Learn to Write Grants Like a Professional
- Winning Grants: Step by Step
- Grant Writing for Dummies
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Grant Writing
- Storytelling for Grantseekers: A Guide to Creative Nonprofit Fundraising
- The Only Grant-writing Book You'll Ever Need
- The Everything Guide to Starting and Running A Nonprofit
- Forces for Good: The Six Practices of High-impact Nonprofits
- Wiley Not-for-profit GAAP 2017: Interpretation and Application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for Not-for-profit Organizations
- Starting and Managing a Nonprofit Organization: A Legal Guide
- Start your Own Nonprofit Organization: Your Step-by-step Guide to Success
- How to Form a Nonprofit Corporation
- Effective Fundraising for Nonprofits
- Every Nonprofit's Tax Guide: How to Keep your Tax-exempt Status and Avoid IRS Problems