February 10, 2020
Receive hands-on training in food manufacturing during this free, 10-week series from Mid-Continent Public Library’s Square One Small Business Services. Explore every aspect of the food manufacturing industry, and then receive individualized sessions reviewing your production processes. Presented in partnership with the Ennovation Center and the MO Small Business Development Center at UMKC, the series will culminate in a pitch session with local stores and distributors. Each week, expert instructors will cover a different topic in depth, including:
- Regulatory and Safety – Learn how to maintain food safety and regulatory compliance in your facility. Special guests: Missouri Department of Health and the K-State Food Science Department
- Marketing – Discover how to develop a strong brand and successful marketing campaigns. Special guest: Joyce Hrinya, Global Brand Builder for Luxury Specialty Retail
- Omni Channel Sales – Develop an efficient sales strategy to make sure your product is where your customers are. Special guest: Joyce Hrinya
- Financial – Learn how to keep track of your profits and expenses and maintain a profit as you grow. Special Guest: UMKC Small Business Development Center
- Legal – Stay ahead of the many legal considerations for your food business—from liability and intellectual property to employees. Special Guest: Adrienne B. Haynes, Esq., SEED Law
- Supply Chain – Where are your ingredients coming from? How are your products getting to customers? Can your logistics and vendors scale with your business?
- Next Steps for Marketing & Sales – You’ve developed a solid brand, and you’re making sales. How will you maintain that success? Special Guest: Stefan White, Mighty MO Marketing
- Human Resources – Your growing company will need a growing workforce. How will you find and maintain it? Special guest: The Roasterie
- Processing Efficiency – Your profitability is affected by how many units you can produce and how fast you can produce them. Learn how to make more in less time.
- Showcase – Now you’re ready for some big orders! Connect with store managers and other local food product procurement managers.
Interested participants must apply by March 10, 2020, at http://bit.ly/foodmanschool. A limited number of applicants will be accepted.
Mid-Continent Public Library’s Square One Small Business Services division supports local entrepreneurs and business owners through access to resources, programs, and personalized one-on-one service. Visit mymcpl.org/SquareOne to learn more. Enroll in Food Manufacturing School!
Read Similar Blogs: