May 2, 2018
I recently traveled to Philadelphia for the Public Library Association’s annual conference, barely making it before the majority of flights were cancelled due to blizzardy weather conditions. This was my first time experiencing a “nor’easter,” and although I managed to make it to Philly without too much trouble, flight delays meant that I had plenty of time to catch up on reading.
There is something about being on a plane or in an airport that compels me to read a magazine. Maybe it has something to do with ogling SkyMall as a kid, or perhaps it’s because I always flip through the airline magazine if the crosswords in the back are already completed. For whatever reason, magazines and flying go hand-in-hand, at least in my mind. That is why I love to load my tablet with some of my favorite business magazines before I go on a trip. I may lose the feeling of flipping through the pages, but I gain the ability to carry dozens of titles on my tablet.
MCPL offers access to digital magazines through multiple resources, including Flipster, Overdrive Magazines, and PressReader. Check out the cover story from the latest issue of these popular business titles. They may help you pass the time on your next flight!
- Fortune: “The World’s 50 Greatest Leaders”
- Money: “The Millennial Money Whisperer”
- Startups: “Run for Your Life”
- Entrepreneur: “Not Made for TV”
- Fast Company: “#Hijacked”
- Inc. Magazine: “Overachieving and Under 30”
- Business Traveler: “Towering Ambition”
- Macworld: “5 Reasons to Buy Apple’s New 9.7-Inch iPad”
- PCWorld: “Should You Buy a Core i9 Laptop?”
Square One Business Information Librarian
Add new comment
Read Similar Blogs:
Magazines and Periodicals