September is National Library Card Sign-Up Month, and this year, there are more reasons than ever to make an MCPL Access Pass (Library card) a fixture in your day-to-day life! Whether you’re in need of resources for school, looking to make a career change, or simply in search of books, movies, and music to enjoy without breaking the bank, the Library has you covered.
Here are just a few of the ways you can use your Library card:
- To start a business. Square One Small Business Services provides support for entrepreneurs who are just starting out or who need help growing their business.
- To receive free online tutoring using Live Homework Help from Tutor.com.
- To take control of your finances with online courses from Gale Courses or Universal Class.
- To listen to free audiobooks.
- To study to become a real estate agent or practice for other professional exams by using Testing & Education Reference Center.
- To record a family member’s oral history by checking out a Tell Me a Story kit, available in MCPL’s online catalog.
- To make startling family history discoveries by using Ancestry Library Edition, MyHeritage Library Edition, or other genealogy resources.
- To learn Spanish to chat with a neighbor using Mango Languages.
- To save hundreds of dollars on books, DVDs, and CDs!
- To help their kindergartener learn to read using the many early literacy tips and tools available from the Library.
With a robust collection of digital resources, limited in-branch services, Library-By-Mail, and curbside service, MCPL can meet you where you are with what you need. No matter what your goals are for the remainder of 2020, MCPL can help you get there!
If you already have your MCPL Access Pass, recommend a friend or family member get theirs today by applying online at mymcpl.org/NewCard.