Parents and Educators
MCPL offers many resources and publications to assist parents, educators, and daycare providers when incorporating the library into the classroom and at home.
- Teacher Assistance - The Teacher Assistance service allows teachers and daycare providers to submit requests to library staff for collections of items for use in the classroom or in the library.
- School Visits - These guidelines will help class visits to the library and library staff visits to the classroom run more smoothly for everyone.
- Daycare Visits - These guidelines will help daycare visits to the library and library staff visits to the daycare run more smoothly for everyone.
- Events for Daycare groups (Storytimes and others) - Please contact your local branch for details about attending programs as a group.
- Research Databases: Books and Reading - There are a number of resources listed here that will help parents and educators select appropriate reading materials for children. In addition, some of these resources include thematic units and other ideas for incorporating popular children's fiction and nonfiction into the classroom.
- Research Databases: Career and Education Guidance - These resources provide articles and other current information about teaching, such as methods, assessment, gifted education, disabilities, and curriculum development.
- Web Resources: Teaching Resources - The websites selected for this list contain information on a wide variety of topics of interest to educators.
- Group Summer Reading Program - Your class or group can participate in the Library’s Summer Reading Program. Contact your local branch for details.