Events for Kids
Storytimes and Other Children's Activities
Storytimes at Mid-Continent Libraries offer a variety of early literacy-related activities and experiences for children birth through age 6. They strive to be developmentally appropriate and can include picture book reading, storytelling, music, flannel board presentations, fingerplays, short videos, and/or simple crafts that support needed early literacy skills. Exposure to playing, reading, singing, talking, and writing at storytimes will help better prepare children for school. Use the information listed below to select the programs right for your children:
- Baby Storytime (9-18 months) -- one-on-one caregiver and child in a smaller environment; registration may be required and the number of participants limited.
- Toddler Storytime (18-36 months) -- caregiver participation is suggested and registration may be required.
- Preschool Storytime (3-5 years) -- interactive fun; caregiver participation is suggested.
- Family Storytime (all ages) -- interactive fun for the whole family.
- Kids at the Library (6-11 years) -- afterschool fun for all elementary aged children.
Please call ahead if you are planning to bring a group as many branches offer special group programs. If school is not in session, please check with your local branch to see if they are having Storytime.