Read to Reel: 2017 Winter Reading Challenge
Mid-Continent Public Library proudly presents the 2017 Winter Reading Challenge theme Read to Reel and cordially invites you to step onto the red carpet and explore the exciting array of stories that have been adapted for the big screen.
You can select books that became Oscar winners or finally sit down with the novel behind a beloved classic you have loved watching time and time again! Whatever your mood, you’ll find action-packed thrills, romance, dramatic true events, epic historical nonfiction, and more on the reading list hand-picked by our staff.
We’d also like to invite you to participate in a book discussion or film screening at a branch near you, or join us for a virtual event on our Winter Reading Challenge Facebook Group page.
Join us and celebrate leisure reading this winter, and reward yourself with a limited-edition 2017 Winter Reading Challenge coffee mug by completing just five books in two months from our reading list or selections from your own. And you might just win a free year of films from B&B Theatres!
You supply the popcorn. We’ll supply the excitement!
How do you participate?
- Join at any Mid-Continent Public Library location beginning January 1, 2017.
- Check out the Read to Reel Suggested Readings for recommendations.
- Read any five books from the list or others of your choosing between January 15 and March 15, 2017.
- List those five books on the online reading log (available after January 1).
- Visit any Library location in order to receive a limited-edition 2017 Winter Reading Challenge mug. You may pick up your mug through March 25. All participants who complete five or more books are entered into a prize drawing.
If you post online about what you are reading, use #mcplwinterread to stay connected!
A Gold VIP Card donated by B&B Theatres entitling the winner to a year of free movies at any Kansas City-area location.
Runners-up (10): A pair of free tickets to a film at a B&B Theatre plus a complimentary large popcorn.
Contest Rules: One grand prize winner will be selected at random from all participants who have logged five or more books between January 15 and March 15, 2017 who will be announced the week of March 28. Twelve runners-up will be selected at random from remaining entries. Winners do not need to be present to win and will be notified by phone and/or email. Winners will have two weeks to claim their prizes after being notified at which time other winners may be drawn. MCPL is not responsible for any expenses incurred by the use of these prizes. Employees of Mid-Continent Public Library and their immediate family members are not eligible for the prizes listed in the contest but may participate in the challenge to earn a mug.