Classics Remixed: 2016 Winter Reading Challenge
Whether you are stepping through the looking glass or having a cup of tea with an old friend, blending the classic novels with new ideas allows you to see an old book from a new perspective. It’s even better when you mix up well-known fantasyland through someone else’s eyes. This year, Mid-Continent Public Library invites adult readers to take a new trip with some classic characters in our 2016 Winter Reading Challenge. From Hamlet to Peter Pan, you never know whose story can alter what you thought you knew about a classic book.
The Winter Reading Challenge is an opportunity to celebrate leisure reading by providing rewarding reading experiences and incentives (like the limited-edition 2016 Winter Reading Challenge mug) for those who complete the challenge of reading five books in two months.
How do you participate?
- Join online or at any Mid-Continent Public Library location beginning
January 1, 2016.
- Check out the Remixed Classics Suggested Readings for recommendations by clicking on any book cover on the right.
- Read any five books from the list or others of your choosing between January 15 and March 15, 2016.
- List those five books on the online Reading Log.
- Visit any Library location in order to receive a limited edition 2016 Winter Reading Challenge mug. You have until March 22nd to pick up your mug.
All participants completing five or more books are entered in a prize drawing.
If you post online about what you are reading, use #mcplwinterread to stay connected!
One-night stay at the Hotel Phillips
Tickets to the Kansas City Ballet's Rite of Spring
$50 Certificate to Snow & Co.
Runners-up (2): Two tickets to Rite of Spring and a certificate to Snow & Co.
Contest Rules: One grand prize winner will be selected from all participants who have logged five or more books between January 15 and March15, 2016 and announced the week of March 28. Two runners-up will be selected at random from remaining entries. Winner does not need to be present to win and will be notified by phone or email. Employees of Mid-Continent Public Library and their immediate family members are not eligible for the prizes as listed in the contest, but may participate in the challenge to earn a mug.