You Say Tomato, I Say Tomahto
July 25, 2011
One of the things I look forward to all summer long is having ripe, juicy tomatoes fresh from the garden. I was beginning to get a little anxious! This year, the tomatoes seemed to be taking their time.
But last week, we finally started getting some big, red tomatoes on the vines, as well as loads of plump cherry tomatoes. I have been eating sandwiches, BLTs, and just plain sliced tomatoes with a little salt and pepper like crazy!
There are lots of other things to do with your fresh tomatoes. Check out these cookbooks available through MCPL:
- Tomato: A Fresh-From-the-Vine Cookbook
- Tomatoes: More Than 70 Delicious Recipes
- The Too Many Tomatoes Cookbook: Classic & Exotic Recipes From Around The World
- Tomatoes: 180 Fabulous Recipes
- Tasty Tomato Cookbook: Mouthwatering Meals Using a Classic Ingredient
- The Tomato Festival Cookbook