Who Are the People in Your Neighborhood II: This Time it’s Personal.
September 16, 2011
"Oh, who are the people in your neighborhood? In your neighborhood? In your neighborhood? Say, who are the people in your neighborhood? The people that you meet each day!"
You know, those Sesame Street folks were onto something. I mean really, how well do you know the fine folks in your community? Now as some of our loyal readers out there may remember, we have already given you a brief glimpse into how our minds work here at the Platte City Branch. We hope this iteration helps you understand more about why we are the way we are. Enjoy!
Did you know that…..
- 1/2 of the Platte City Branch employees list Green Eggs and Ham as their favorite Dr. Seuss book.
- Purple is considered a favorite color by ¾ of the branch staff.
- One branch employee bought a pair of sneakers because it happened to have their last name printed on them.
- 1/17 of the staff here at Platte City actively – and unwisely -- root against the Kansas City Chiefs regardless of who they are playing.
- 7/8 of the Platte City staff members know how to crochet.
- An average of 15 dog biscuits a week are handed out at our Drive thru window.
- If given a chance to go on vacation anywhere in the United States, 1/3 of our employees would pick Washington State.
The Assistant Branch Manager will give a piece of candy to anyone who can tell him the historical reason why the Missouri/Kansas game is known as the “ Border War”.
Which leads us to our "One BIG Question of The Week:"
If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you?
Holly Hunter, but she’d have to gain some weight!
Helena Bonham Carter
June Lockhart, though I’ve been told it should be Ma Kettle!
Platte City Branch