Where Do You Like To Read?
July 26, 2011
Last week, I was sitting at home and reading in my favorite chair: a blue leather (yes, this cow was a rare blue cow) recliner, feet up, and dog jockeying for her place. It made me wonder, "what are my coworkers favorite places to sit back and open up a book?" So, I took a survey. Simple questions- "When you read at home, where is your favorite place to read? And why?"
I got some simple answers, and I got some not so simple answers. But, it was fun to read. So here are the answers, without names. I promised not to publish the names.
- Chair in the living room because it has the best light. Two dogs sitting at my feet.
- Curled up on the couch with my dog beside me.
- In bedroom, with the TV on, and a dog at my feet.
Are we sensing a theme here?
- If it's nice, the back porch and if it's not, in my bedroom or curled up on the couch by the fireplace.
I bet there's a dog involved because she has one too.
- Outside on the front porch. I love to be outside after being inside all day. The dog sitting near my feet.
- On my bed curled up with my armchair with a pillow.
Not sure how she gets the armchair up on the bed. Hey, I only write what I see.
- At the desk chair in my bedroom.
And last, but not least,
- In my green chair in the living room, using this fabulous light I got from my mom for my birthday. My cat is draped on my shoulders. He tries to help me turn the pages, but as he is a faster reader than I am, I have to make him stop.
I personally would recommend getting a dog. They don't read as fast and seem to like feet better than shoulders.