What Was That Title Again?
May 19, 2011
In the library, hundreds of books cross our paths every day. Most, we have seen over and over...others, just once or twice. From DVD's, videos, and music CD's to books, audiobooks, and maps, there seems to be almost nothing we don’t handle.
Occasionally, we have to stop and wonder why someone would check out the entirety of Nazi newsreel propaganda six times, or stand in awe of the 13 year old who is reading Stephen Hawking. The best part, however, is when you come across a title that you just have to share with others. When we first starting seeing Little Women and Werewolves and Wuthering Bites, I started watching for titles that were amusing in title as well as subject. Here are a few that are available in the Mid-Continent system and made us literally LOL (Laugh out Loud):
- The Witch's Guide to Cooking with Children by Keith McGowan
- Ten Ways to Destroy the Imagination of Your Child by Anthony Esolen
- Bombproof Your Horse by Rick Pelicano
- Anybody Can be Cool- But Awesome Takes Practice by Lorraine Peterson
- Stray Shopping carts of Eastern North America by Julian Montague
- People Who Don’t Know They're Dead by Gary Hill
- The Ethics of Star Trek by Judith Barad
- How to Avoid Unwanted Adventure and Still Have Fun by John King
- How to Read a Book (audiobook!) by Mortimer Adler
(and my personal favorite)
- Christian Wisdom of the Jedi Masters by Dick Staub
Red Bridge Branch