Top 5 Reasons to Celebrate Valentine's Day with Zombies
February 14, 2012
If you are the kind of person who checks out MCPL's teen programs in advance, you might just be wondering why the Boardwalk and Parkville branches are promoting zombies this month. After all, it’s February, most notably honored for Black History Month, President’s Day, and of course, Valentine’s Day. This is the month for love, not for the undead, right?
Well, allow me to enlighten you and explain exactly why I’d rather celebrate the month of February with grey zombies than with pink hearts.
Erin’s Top 5 Reasons to Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Zombies
- Zombies are after your brains, not your heart. That’s because they like smarts.
- Zombies won’t recite crappy poetry to you. In truth, they probably won’t recite anything to you; zombies are mostly into moaning.
- Zombies don’t care if you don’t buy them flowers, chocolates, or even a card. They just want to be close to you. (Close enough to you to take a bite out of your arm, but whatever.)
- You don’t have to dress up for zombies. In fact, you don’t even have to shower for zombies. Rest assured, no matter how little care you put into your hygiene, zombies will smell and look worse than you do.
- The only pink that zombies want to see is a pink brain. Yum!
Join us at the Boardwalk Branch on Thursday at 6 p.m. for our Zombie Party or at the Parkville Branch next Tuesday (the 21st) at 6:30 p.m. for our Evil Genius Book Club (the next book is about zombies!). Can’t make it this month? Worry not! You can celebrate zombies in April at the Smithville branch, and look for more zombie fun this summer!