To Tell You the Tooth...
February 07, 2012
Here’s something to sink your teeth into. February is National Dental Month. Here are some interesting facts about dental history:
- In ancient times, people would use twigs frayed at one end to clean their teeth.
- 1498, in China, the bristle toothbrush was invented. The bristles were made of hog’s hair and attached to bamboo or a bone.
- In 1892, Dr. Washington Sheffield invented the collapsible tube used for storing toothpaste.
- In 1869, a machine was invented by Charles Forster to mass produce wooden toothpicks.
To learn more about dental health and visiting the dentist there are several books at your library, such as:
- Smile Wide Look Inside: Nicole’s Trip to the Dental Office by Judith Dember-Paige
- Brush Well: a Look at Dental Care by Katie Bagley
- Brushing Well by Helen Frost
- Going to the Dentist by Helen Frost
- Your Teeth by Helen Frost
Blue Springs North Branch