Surprisingly, Librarians Are People, Too!
April 18, 2011
Misconception: your Parkville librarians are glasses wearing, cardigan donning, and knowledge spewing, super genius freaks.
OK, well maybe we are super geniuses, but we’re still everyday people!
Not buying it huh? Well, you’re a tough crowd, but we’ll prove it.
Recently, the Parkville library staff was asked some common (and not so common!) questions that reveal exactly who we are. Below are some of their answers. See? Librarians really are people too.
WARNING: some of the answers may surprise you!
- 90% of the Parkville staff has outstanding fines on their library accounts. We know what it’s like to be "delinquent".
- There are a total of fifteen tattoos on the bodies of the Parkville staff.
- 4 Parkville librarians admittedly have a body (or four!) in the trunks of their cars.
- 36% of Parkville-ers brush their teeth with a green or purple toothbrush.
- 5 members of the Parkville staff wish they could be Belle from Beauty and the Beast. "She’s beautiful and she loves books!"
You’re about to make your way down the Green Mile … what’s your last meal?
- Surf and turf
- A great bottle of cabernet and super dark chocolate
- A full Thanksgiving dinner
- Pizza (supreme), steak, mac n’ cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, chocolate milkshake, lemon pie, cold Coke, cold German beer, fresh hot corn on the cob with hot butter. Oh, and don’t forget to pass the salt and pepper!
- A falafel and a big glass of chocolate milk
- Jalapenos on something, salsa, guacamole, fried pickles … I like food!
If George Washington and Abe Lincoln got in a fight, who do you think would win?
- 59% of Parkville thinks George would take the "W"!
- Abe’s got the height, but my money is on Georgie.
- Abe, those long arms have got to be good for something.
- George Washington – he’s a monster.
- Lincoln in the 75th round by rear naked choke.
- Who cares?
- Neither … President Taft for the win!
Still wondering what makes the people who handle your favorite Lee Child novel tick? Stay tuned for the next exciting edition of "Librarians are People, Too"!