The Summer Reading Home Stretch
July 18, 2013
Summer is coming to an end, and another school year is just around the corner. But just because there are only two weeks left in the Summer Reading Program, it doesn’t mean there isn’t time to get in a little more library fun. So, here are my top five lists of things to do before July 31st:
- Pick up one last prize from the Summer Reading Program (I could really use a new hat in this heat).
- Finish reading all of the Mark Twain and Building Block books before school starts... Overachievers Rock!
- Attend a super cool program at your local branch. The KC Zoo has some really neat programs with live animals.
- Beat the heat indoors and check out the fun game sites for kids on the Kids Page.
- Check out some DVDs, and get in a few late night movie marathons before the school year bedtime laws are reinstated.
Remember to log the rest of your book titles and minutes before July 31st, but the prizes stick around until August 3rd for you to pick them up. We will also keep your logs available online through the 1st of September so you can take your lists to school and show off to your teachers and school librarians... you know, just in case there is an ice cream party in it for you there, too!
Youth Services Department