A Stowaway To the Happiest Place On Earth
October 14, 2010
Those who know me well, know I love to travel. I haven't been on an out of town trip in quite a while, but my family is planning a doozy. My parents are taking my oldest niece, Emma, to Orlando to visit a certain mouse, and guess who has never been and is FINALLY getting to go? Yes, indeed, yours truly.
Every Mack Family Vacation starts with quality planning - lots and lots of planning. While I realize this method isn't the way everyone plans for a vacation, I can't imagine going on vacation without planning the trip out ahead of time. If you like to plan too, here are some resources I have found helpful.
- Birnbaum Guides Walt Disney World 2010. I found the color pictures and maps in this guide very helpful for the first time visitor. The 2011 editions should be at the branches shortly.
- The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2010. A friend here at Grandview recommended this book to me, and said that she thought the unofficial guides were the best. They are very, very thorough in their information.
- The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids 2010.
- Frommer's Walt Disney World and Orlando 2010.
- Hidden Mickeys: a Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets. This book wasn't what I thought it would be, but Emma and I should have a lot of fun looking for the 500 Mickeys hidden around the WDW complex.
Recently, as the planning phase came to an end and the packing phase began, I discovered I already had a stowaway. My new little friend from MCPL has decided he wants to travel the world with me - how could I refuse? My trip is the week after next. Between now and then, I have to finish my packing, and then come up with a name for my new traveling companion. Any suggestions??
Vacations in our family have always been a source of (for the most part) happy memories and funny stories. This trip to the Happiest Place on Earth should prove to be no exception.