Storytime Ideas...Where Do They Come From?
October 31, 2012
Have you ever wondered where we get our ideas for storytime? Once a year, fellow children’s librarians gather together at MCPL Headquarters for a storytime inservice. We share ideas, resources, and listen to a speaker about the importance of early childhood literacy. But we also have other resources we use to help us along in the process.
We browse through books about storytime and/or preschool. The Sound of Storytime by Tiara Dixon is a great resource along with these following titles available through the Library:
- Songs and Rhymes Readers Theatre for Beginning Readers by Anthony D. Fredericks
- Piggyback Songs for Infants and Toddlers by Jean Warren.
- The I Can't Sing Book: For Grownups Who Can't Carry a Tune in a Paperbag... But Want to do Music with Young Children by Jackie Silberg
We also tend to use the following websites:
Check them out!
We love to use CD's as well! Here are some great CD recommendations for your own children.
- Toddler by Sara Hickman
- Kids Dance & Play by Goanna Gang
- Yummy, Yummy by Wiggles
- Music with Mar by Harman Mar
Thanks for the opportunity to share stories with your children! We love to serve you and make reading fun.