St. Patrick’s Day: Don’t Forget to Wear Blue?
March 12, 2012
In celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, here are 5 fun facts about the holiday.
- While almost everyone knows to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day (or suffer the consequences), the color originally associated with St. Patrick was blue. In fact, green was considered unlucky for the Irish.
- We have fun celebrating St. Patrick’s Day here in America, but it’s not an official holiday in our country. That’s why you don’t get off work and the mailman still delivers. But let’s be honest, it does provide a great excuse to drink green beer.
- Forget Valentine’s Day! St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated more than any other saint’s day throughout the world. And you don’t need to buy flowers or candy!
- One more reason to enjoy Guinness? The famous Irish brew has been found to be effective for preventing blood clots.
- New York may be famous for their Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, but it has nothing on the one they hold for St. Patrick’s Day. It is the longest running parade in the world!
For more fun facts about St. Patrick’s Day, check out the MCPL catalog…And don’t forget to wear your blue!
Platte City Branch