Spring Has Finally Arrived!
March 22, 2011
The first day of spring was March 20th. A change in seasons is definitely a reason to celebrate. Spring chases away the snow and brings in the sunshine.
Here are a few ideas to help get your family excited about spring:
Crafts to make with your kids:
- Using construction paper and chenille stems, make lots of colorful flower bouquets to decorate your house like spring.
- Decorate flower pots to display your bouquets of flowers. Use your imagination to make your flower pots look like a watermelon or your favorite animal.
- Make a cheery spring card to send to a home bound person. Use paper and paints to make thumbprint flowers as card embellishments.
Explore with your kids:
- Take a hike with your kids. Show them the different changes that are happening now that spring has arrived.
- Plant a simple garden with your kids. You could plant some flowers or some vegetables. This could be an opportunity for your kids to learn how plants grow.
Snacks to make with your kids:
- Dirt N’ Worms cups: Make chocolate pudding and crush chocolate sandwich cookies into little pieces. Layer the chocolate pudding and crushed cookies in a cup. Then add some gummy worms on top. This sweet treat can be even more fun when served in your decorated flower pots.
- Make and decorate sugar cookies that are shaped like flowers. You could package some and take with your cards to a home bound person.
Some books to read with your kids:
- Everything Spring by Jill Esbaum
- Spring Surprises by Anna Jane Hays
- Painting and Decorating Clay Pots by Natalie Kunkel
- A Kid’s Guide to How Flowers Grow by Patricia Ayers
Hope you can use these ideas to create some fun filled time with your family this season. Happy Spring!