Some of My Favorite Children's Authors
January 08, 2013
I thought it would be fun to share a blog about some of my favorite authors that I use for storytime! Here is a list of those authors and their books I love to read to children over and over again.
- Lisa Ernst Campbell, author of The Gingerbread Girl Goes Animal Crackers, The Gingerbread Girl, and Goldilocks Returns to name a few of her titles. Her books are very creative, enjoyable to read, and help get the imagination going!
- Anna Dewdney writes the Llama Llama book series, and they are so cute! I plan to own the whole set for my kiddos, here are a few of her titles: Llama Llama Home with Mama, Llama Llama Mad at Mama, Llama Llama Red Pajama. Take time to check them out the next time you’re in the Library!
- Christianne C. Jones writes concept books that teach about colors and counting. I love using them for Toddler Time or Preschool Storytime! Some of her titles are Autumn Orange, Winter White, Big Red Farm and Batty for Black. She uses the themed color throughout the book making it easy to point out other animals or objects with the same color.
- Karen Katz writes lift-the-flap books, and the illustrations in her books are so cute! Check out some of her titles, as well: Where is Baby’s Yummy Tummy?, Where is Baby’s Christmas Present?, Mommy Hugs, and Daddy Hugs 1 2 3.
- Laura Joeff Numeroff is the author of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, If You Give a Dog a Donut, If You Give a Pig a Pancake, If You Give a Cat a Cupcake, etc. I love how she uses rhyming.
- Dugald Steer has pop-up books, and they are wonderful for babies and toddlers! I use them as often as I can! These are books are a must have for your home library. Check out these titles: Snappy Little Hugs, Snappy Little Bedtime, Snappy Little Christmas and Snappy Little Halloween.
- Jane Yolen and Mark Teague, these are the authors for you if you love dinosaurs! They use dinosaurs in the place of a child and how they act in different situations of life. Check out the following books: How Do Dinosaurs Say Merry Christmas?, How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?, How Do Dinosaurs Love Their Dogs?, and How Do Dinosaurs Love Their Cats?
These are just a few of my favorites! I wish I could list all of them, but I have a feeling you get the gist. Please check them out or add them to your personal library at home!