March 18, 2011
As our seasons shift from winter to spring, our weather goes from snow and ice to rain and thunderstorms. Personally, I see this as a vast improvement; even if I would take a sunny day with mild temperatures.
So if you're getting the rainy day blues, here are 5 reasons why you should be like me and love the rain!
- Free carwash! All that ick and gunk on your car that you've been meaning to wash off since the snow? Thanks to good ole Mother Nature, you don't have to wait in a line and pay for someone else to do it.
- It saves you money on electricity such as air conditioning and fans. If it's hot outside, we have to crank that A/C and if it's cold, we have to turn up the heat. With rain, just relax. And maybe, if it's a bit stuffy, crack a window just a bit.
- Spring rains make up for what winter took away. During the winter, the plants, streams and rivers don't get quite the moisture they need. The snow gives them a bit, but not much. So when rain comes in March and April, it allows plants, streams, rivers and the soil soak up some much needed moisture before the warm months of summer come.
- It keeps the water cycle going, and that's important to all life on the planet!
- But most of all, it gives you a good excuse to hole up inside and settle down with a good book to read!